If you have been the victim of a car accident it can be a very trying and difficult time for you. You will likely want to talk to a lawyer to find out what type of recourse you have as a result of the accident and if you can expect any kind of financial settlement or monetary payout. When you hire a Downers Grove auto accident lawyer there are a few questions you can ask to determine if they are the right lawyer for you.
Asking Your Auto Accident Lawyer Questions
Before you head to a lawyer’s office be sure that you have all of the facts about your case outlined to present to them in a clear and understandable way. The lawyer will need the facts of the case to be able to tell you how they will proceed. Some people feel uncomfortable asking perspective lawyer’s questions before deciding who to hire to represent them but it is an important part of ensuring that you hire the best lawyer to help you with your case. Here are a few questions that can help you determine which lawyer is best for you.
- How Many Auto Accident Victims Do You Represent Each Year – this will help you determine how much experience the lawyer has.
- How Many Cases Do You Take at a Time – knowing how many cases the lawyer works on at once will help you determine if they will have the time to focus on your case. No matter what answer they give deciding if you are ok with their numbers is something that only you can determine.
- Which Law School Did You Attend – this is a good starting question and will give you insight about their education.
- Have You Handled Case Like Mine – and more importantly have they had success with other cases similar to yours.
- Do You Have Experience with Accidents with Injuries – certain injuries, such as back and neck injuries, may be harder to fight for in an auto accident case. Make sure your lawyer can fully represent your needs and fight for you to win your case.
Remember to take something to write on so you can keep notes and write your overall opinion and feelings about the lawyer you talk to. Remember that regardless of the answers given in the end you need to go with the lawyer who you feel will work the hardest to get you what you deserve.