Slip and falls occur for many reasons and can sometimes leave behind serious injuries or even cause death. When the slip and fall are caused by negligence on the part of the property owner, the injured victim may have the right to pursue compensation. Pursuing compensation is much easier with the help of a slip and fall injury lawyer in New London, CT.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Falls?
There are many causes of slip and falls, but six of them are more common than others. Property owners are required to keep their properties safe, because if they do not, they can be held liable. The following are the most common reasons people suffer slip and fall injuries.
• Wet flooring – When a property owner mops their business or has spills without warning the public, they can be held liable if an accident occurs and causes damages.
• Uneven flooring – The continuity of the walking surface in business is vital for preventing injuries. Uneven floors can cause people to trip and fall, leaving behind great injuries.
• Poorly constructed stairs – Staircases must be built with safety in mind and must meet code. Stairs cause many injuries each year and property owners need to make sure they maintain all stairs on their property.
• Defective sidewalks and walkways – Cracks and defects in concrete sidewalks and walkways can lead to serious injuries that cause lasting damage. These areas must be installed and maintained by professionals to ensure there are no safety hazards.
• Torn carpeting – When the floor of a business is covered with carpet, it is imperative the owner properly maintain it. Holes, rips, and other types of damage can present safety concerns.
• Loose floorboards – When floorboards are loose, they cause tripping hazards and can easily cause a person to fall and become injured.
Call for Legal Help
Getting a lawyer involved can help injured individuals receive the fair outcome they deserve. For more information, visit. Call the office of Stephen M. Reck to schedule a consultation appointment right away. With the help of a lawyer, a slip and fall claim will be much easier to deal with.